Friday, October 12, 2007

Friends in high places


Sulking after losing the WWE Championship during an impromptu match up with Triple H at No Mercy didn’t stop the Legend Killer Randy Orton from pulling a fast one on The Game that very same night. In an interview in wwe.com, Bryan Robinson shares some of Orton’s thoughts on his recent victory.

Robinson wrote:

“My time is now. I’m in my prime,” Orton said. “I’m in a state of mind I’ve never been in before. Everything around me is just right. I’m focused. I’m healthy. I’m on my game. And when I’m on my game, I beat The Game.”

Don’t you just love it! “When I’m on my game, I beat The Game.” Now how redundant is that? You can even take it a bit further and say, “When I’m on my game, I play the game, then I beat The Game.” Just playing…

Robinson’s interview also mentioned the intricacies of rematch clauses in the WWE.

Robinson wrote:

“It was unfair,” (referring to the aforementioned impromptu match up with Triple H at the beginning of No Mercy) Orton continued. “And Mr. McMahon knows this. That’s why we have rematch clauses. And in a Last Man Standing Match, I knew I would have the speed, agility and most importantly, the endurance that Triple H doesn’t have. Triple H has two bad legs for chrissakes.”


Yeah, and a last man standing match to boot! It really helps if you have friends in high places (let’s just give him the name, Mr. McMahon), an opponent that’s already had two matches that evening, and the best part—two bad wheels (e.g., legs).

No comments: